SHOUHARDO II Program
||SHOUHARDO II Program
|Started on (Date)
||1st faze 2006 -2010, 2nd faze 2011- 2015
|Phased out (Date)
|| 1st faze 2010, 2nd faze 2015
|Goal and Objectives
||Goal :Transform the lives of 370,000 Poor and Extreme Poor (PEP) households in 11 of the poorest and most marginalized districts in Bangladesh by reducing their vulnerability to food insecurity”.
- SO 1 – Livelihood: “Availability of” and “access to” nutritious foods enhanced and protected for 370,000 PEP households.
- SO 2 – Health, Hygiene and Nutrition: Improved health, hygiene and nutrition status of 281,000 children under 2 years of age.
- SO 3 – Empowerment: PEP women and adolescent girls empowered in their families, communities, and Union Parishad.
- SO 4 – Institutional Strengthening: Local elected bodies and government service providers’ responsiveness and accountability to the PEP increased.
- SO 5 – Disaster Management and Climate Change: Targeted community members and government institutions are better prepared for, mitigate, and respond to disasters and adapt to climate change.
- # Field crop production,
- # Comprehensive Homestead Development (CHD),
- # Fish Culture,
- # Income Generating Activities-IGA,
- # Vaccination Program,
- # Training on Capacity building of CHV,
- # Workshop with health & family planning department,
- # Mothers to mothers support group training,
- # World Health Day Observation,
- # Food/Ration distribution,
- #Youth Campaign,
- # Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD),
- # CAP,
- # Leadership development training for VDC members,
- # UDCC meeting,
- #Open budget Meeting,
- # Training on Capacity building with UDV,
- # NFI distribution,
- # National Disaster Preparedness Day observation,
|Result of intervention
- # Beneficiaries have been skilled about crop production and stories,
- # Women’s have been involved IGA
Impressive photographs (Project Image):